Monday, December 20, 2010

Will I Believe Tomorrow?

Our faith and the fervency of it, depend not on our own strength of character, but on the One who initiated faith in us in the first place. So long as we remain in the word and are seeking out God’s thoughts by which we may order our lives, God will provide the flame that will keep that fuel burning in our souls.

In John 15:7, Jesus assures his followers, “If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you.”

Here is a good prayer to insert at this point… Mark 9:24 "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"

It is good to ask for faith that we might continue to believe, for … “without faith it is impossible to please God” Hebrews 11:6

This is a prayer God is pleased to answer.

Psalms 48:14
For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end.

1 Corinthians 1:8-9
He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.

Philippians 1:20
I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.

Philippians 1:6
And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.

No comments: