Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It Is Up To God To Prove His Trustworthiness

Psalms 138:2-3 NLT
2 I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness; for your promises are backed by all the honor of your name. 3 As soon as I pray, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength.

What is at stake in proving of God’s reliability, His sufficiency, His strength, His worth, His all-satisfying presence and joy, in our lives is the honor of his name. God’s honour is his top priority and is therefore something He will unfailingly uphold. He must prove himself, by keeping his promises to us in order to maintain His reputation. If He failed to keep his promises, his name would be besmirched.

It is not up to me or to you to prove anything to anyone. My only aim ought to be to let God be God, in and through me, to prove himself. I may cease striving and let God be God in me.

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.

If this is true for you, then it only remains for you to let Christ prove his presence in you so you will authentically represent his trustworthy name to others. Look for Him to do this in you and then through you.

Psalms 138:8 The LORD will work out his plans for my life— for your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever.

No comments: