Thursday, November 25, 2010

Sunshine on a Cloudy Day

Having been abandoned by one that I love and relied on and perhaps only beginning to realize the depth of devastation that accompanies such a loss, what an acute thrill to be reminded and assured this morning, by one even more important to me, that He will NEVER leave nor forsake me, (Deuteronomy 31:6, Hebrews 13:5) and that he carries me in his arms all day long. (Psalms 68:19)

Jesus, I am resting, resting
In the joy of what Thou art
I am finding out the greatness
Of Thy loving heart

Thou hast bid me gaze upon Thee
And Thy beauty fills my soul
For by Thy transforming power
Thou hast made me whole

Simply trusting Thee, Lord Jesus
I behold Thee as Thou art
And Thy love, so pure, so changeless
Satisfies my heart

Satisfies my deepest longings
Meets, supplies its every need
Compasseth me 'round with blessings
Thine is love indeed

Ever lift Thy face upon me
As I work and wait for Thee
Resting 'neath Thy smile, Lord Jesus
Earth's dark shadows flee

Brightness of my Father's glory
Sunshine of my Father's face
Keep me ever trusting, resting
Fill me with Thy grace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One doesn't have to feel the devastation of loss and feeling of abandonment of a loved one only through death. The journey of recovery, reality and eventual continuation of life is one of challenge, and growth. I personally have recently gone through this cycle nearing death myself after loss and I have to say it is a cycle that is most rewarding, oddly enough, and is filled with the most love for God then I have ever felt. Hence the reward portion, the challenge was walking through the darkness prior to listening to what God had to say and I can tell you that walk was very long, confusing, hopeless and very very dark. I now see the light again after a very long time and praise God for his teachings. I hope that the next time I feel loss and pain such as this I will remember all that I have learned and maybe the darkness will not be as dark with the memory of this time in my life.