Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I'm not a "shock-jock" preacher, but I believe that our sin and the struggle for true God-glorifying joy can at times be disturbing, perhaps too personal for the public spectacle of Sunday morning.

This blog, it was hoped, would create a forum for some honest and useful discussion. So far it has generated hundreds of hits but very little dialogue.

I can understand why we would not want to talk about some of these things. What would be helpful to know is if anyone finds this blog valuable in the pursuit of sanctification.

If not, I may discontinue this writing experiment and pour my energies into more interactive investments.

Please let me know by taking the survey on the right... Thanks!

2 comments:

barb said...

Hi Andy,
I wasn't able to attend church this past Sunday due to work but I listened to the MP3.
Although I agree our pursuit of glorifying God through joy is necessary, I was a little confused as to
a)who you were talking to...ie Christians or non Christians and/or professing Christians.
and
b)when you made the statement, "He will kill you" ....if we are not demonstrating that kind of joy on a daily basis.....what are you really saying???
I played it back a few times because I got the impression you were talking to Christians, however are you saying there would be loss of salvation??? My understanding of the passage talking about the branch being cut off and burned is not a "salvation" passage.
Could you clarify please?
Thanks
Barb Dix

Unknown said...

I would agree with you, there needs to be more interaction. so I voted yes but. I would hate to see you put effort in something two or three get something from. As I'm new to this "blogging" its still a little odd to me, but I have begun to enjoy it more and more. Facebook is more odd...