Saturday, February 14, 2009

3 Reasons Why My Heart Is Smitten

Smitten: thrilled, captivated, consumed, delighted, infatuated, gripped.

1. I am freed by the command to love, delight in, rejoice in, be over-flowingly happy in God, my God, the very one I have longed for since my earliest child-hood memories.

Lu 10:27 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind’; and, Love your neighbour as yourself.

Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Php 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

2. To know that in proper, respectful and trusting obedience that He, God… delights in me, is almost too overwhelming to bear contemplation.

1John 3:1 How great is the [kind of] love the Father has lavished on us, that we (sinners) should be called children of God! And that is what we are!

Ps 147:11 the LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love.

Zep 3:17 The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

3. To witness in Scripture the perfect, joyous, love and delight God has for his son, one for whom he has never had, and never will have to apply grace or mercy or forgiveness. Just perfect boundless eternal love. One limitless Divine loving another and another: The Spirit.

And that I am invited into that circle of love, into that family, that clique of friendship. This is staggering, weakening, too good for eternity to ever exhaust the enjoyment of that love. And I enjoy it… today. And He will never let me go.

1Peter 1:17 For he received honour and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." 18 We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain.

John 17: 20 "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one:
23 I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. 24 "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. 25 "Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. 26 I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

Heb 13:5 God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Leaving comments is this easy.