Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Your Only Helper

I have been through the grief process before so at least I am able to recognize the pattern this time. Sometimes it feels like it will never end. God breaks us and then makes us and then breaks us again. He takes us to the place where we wonder if he has any mercy, any compassion, or whether he has completely given up on us. Then he shows us the next step we need to take toward him, the ultimate resolution to all that we suffer.

Hosea 5:14 I will be like a lion to Israel, like a strong young lion to Judah. I will tear them to pieces! I will carry them off, and no one will be left to rescue them. 15 Then I will return to my place until they admit their guilt and turn to me. For as soon as trouble comes, they will earnestly search for me.” 6:1 “Come, let us return to the LORD. He has torn us to pieces; now he will heal us. He has injured us; now he will bandage our wounds…."
13:8 Like a bear whose cubs have been taken away, I will tear out your heart. I will devour you like a hungry lioness and mangle you like a wild animal.9 You are about to be destroyed, O Israel— yes, by me, your only helper.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was not until you started to write about your jouney that it became clear that our work here is to become like Him. I didn't even seriously consider that in the past and I have been a Christian for seven years!
You and others who have experinced and are experiencing great loss and trials have taught me much about what it means to do this Christian walk!
I am very grateful - and often fearful!
HB