Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Cancer Returns

Psalms 139:16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

Yesterday, May 11th, 2010 was written in God’s book before it ever came to be. This is great comfort to Theresa and me as we grapple with the news that her ovarian cancer has returned and that a medical cure is no longer held out to us as a viable goal.

It means everything to me that God has a plan and that he values Theresa. He is not unaware or capricious but gentle and loving and kind.

Matthew 6:26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

And

Matthew 10:29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Our hope for healing, we now leave in the hands of Jesus, who according to Matthew 8:3 is willing and able …

Matthew 8:3 Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. "I am willing," he said. "Be clean!" Immediately he was cured of his leprosy.

We recognize that this may not be God’s intention and so look to his sufficient grace, should he choose to bring Theresa home.

2 Corinthians 12:8-9 Three times I pleaded with the Lord… But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you.”

When you pray for us, please pray that God would continue to grant faith, a day at a time that we might trust him, for there is no safer, surer place.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Remember your word to your servant, for you have given me hope. My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life. Psalm 119:49,50.

Lynn said...

Blesed be God...the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ousrelves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3,4 Holding you up before the God of mercy and comfort.

Esther said...

Thinking and praying for you all at this difficult time. Brad, Esther and family. UK.