Monday, June 1, 2009

Wealth and Joy Beyond Measure

Today is the first of solitude and study on this three month sabbatical I have been granted to enjoy. I feel as though I have walked into a room filled with something greater than treasure.

Spurgeon writes concerning the, “fullness and richness of the Bible… it is inexhaustible…. A long life will only suffice us to skirt the shores of this great continent of light. In the forty years of my own ministry, I have only touched the hem of the garment of divine truth; but what virtue has flowed out of it. The word is like its Author, infinite, immeasurable, without end. If you were ordained to be a preacher throughout eternity, you would have before you a theme equal to everlasting demands.” Pg 23-24 “The Greatest Fight in the World” C.H. Spurgeon

John 16
12 “There is so much more I want to tell you, but you can’t bear it now.
13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future. 14 He will bring me glory by telling you whatever he receives from me. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine; this is why I said, ‘The Spirit will tell you whatever he receives from me.'

No comments: